General recommendations by Dr. Sandra Cabot
• Avoid gluten - this is found in wheat, rye, oats, barley, spelt, kamut and many processed foods containing wheat starch. All people with autoimmune disease must avoid gluten for life.
• Avoid dairy foods such as ice-cream, butter, cream and milk. Use a variety of different milk such as malt free soy, almond or coconut milk.
• Avoid deep fried foods and preserved meats.
• Avoid chicken and eggs that are not organic - as they may contain artificial growth hormones, steroids and antibiotic residues.
• Never use artificial sweeteners
• If you are menopausal and are taking oral synthetic hormone replacement, it would be much safer for you to use a more natural form of HRT that is not processed through the liver, such as a natural hormonal cream or lozenge.
So what is left to eat? You can find out in Dr. Cabot's book.
Liver Cleansing Diet on Kindle only $9.95
The Liver Cleansing Diet BOOK
The site is affiliated with Amazon
You may also like: Foods for liver health